Wednesday 24 August 2011

Thou shalt not kill .......

....... except electrial appliances and spiders !!!

Today isn't going so well, the computer decided to have a funny 5 minutes (well, about 3 hours all told), my hoover pipe has broken so I can't get into the nooks and crannies and to top it all off, I happened to catch sight of something out of the corner of my eye .......... the most horrible looking spider you've ever seen on my shoulder ! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Now I absolutely hate spiders .....




....... all other critters are welcome except them things ......... so I'm afraid I screeched, brushed it off my shoulder and ran over it with my computer chair !

Apart from that (and keep checking over my shoulder every 5 minutes) I think I'm ok !

On a cheerier note, I've had a lovely phonecall from daughter number 2 who is in Jersey this week with the Girlguides. They're having a whale of a time and are enjoying the activities (kayaking, jet skiing, banana boating etc) and spending time with the German Scouts (cue protective mum mode !) Missing her terribly but I know how much these trips build character and confidence. Can't wait for her to get home and tell me all about it :0)

I'm in 'money saving mode' at the moment (Florida spending money) and after a quick jolly down to the local Waitrose last night for a pint of milk, I found out they do mega knockdown prices on their short-dated food - I came home with 3 carrier bags full for the measley sum of £5.92 ! I think I shall be 'popping in' most evenings :0)

It'd be great to hear your money saving tips !

3 comments:

Pennyblossoms said...

I think just reading about your spider encounter has raised my blood pressure even higher than usual!! I was bad enough the other night when some hairy bu**er was walking up the bedroom wall!! I can cope with regular house spiders, but those menacing ones, no way!
Waitrose 'red' labels are the bestest! Yay!
Wow, your cakes in the previous post look absolutely scrummy! Nom nom, indeed.
Z xx

Vix said...

Spiders? Tell me about it! I'm absolutely terrified of the creatures and we discovered two whoppers in the house when we got home from the pub last night, we woke the cats up to catch them and even they were terrified! x

Miss Piggy Bank said...

Hi, just discovered your blog. Super find in waitrose, all those bargains, i don't have one near me, i love the food bargains :-)