Thursday 23 June 2011

Car Booty

We're pretty lucky down here, there's always a car boot sale to go to at the weekends and a mid-week one as well !

The Thursday car boot is a mixture of what I call 'traders' and 'proper booters' the latter being more of interest to me as I'm more likely to snaffle a bargain or two. The traders mostly sell antique (if you can call it that) goods so I tend to steer clear of them unless something catches my eye on the way past, which is a rareity.

It can be a bit hit and miss too, some weeks I come home with a few bags, others I come away empty handed. This week was ok .....

3 tie and cufflink sets for hubby - brand new (£5)
10 books for my daughter (£7) - 4 hardback and 6 paperback, all the modern 'vampire' titles which she's very much into at the moment. She's a complete bookworm and it costs me a fortune but I'd rather she had her nose into a book than hanging round the streets like most of her peer group ....
 

2 bracelets for moi ....



They cost me a couple of quid each, a bit more than I wanted to pay but I liked them so didn't mind parting with my pennies.

And a couple of clothing items that I might have to keep under wraps for an outfit post once the sun comes out.

The car boot sales down this way to tend to charge a bit more than others around the country, not sure why ... one of life's little mysteries !

1 comment:

Alex said...

Thanks so much for your lovely comment :)

Car boots don't seem that pricey in my part of the world but I have NO luck finding anything vintage or interesting. I go to them for cheap books and cheap second-hand High St stuff - there's nowt else on offer.