Saturday 25 June 2011

Spare a thought .....


Today is Armed Forces day and I will be taking time to think about those who have given up everything to provide me and my family with the freedom that we have now. I'm proud to be British and it's a great day to show support for both past and present soldiers ......... thank you x

Our volunteer group always takes part in a big event down on our seafront and I've been up since the crack of dawn baking cakes for a cake stall. My daughter is off down there for the day supporting the event. I, unfortunately, have to work (boo hoo). There are some fantastic things happening, a fly past, aerial displays, parachute jumpers, tanks etc etc ... I'll be sad to miss it ! Over 200 events are being held throughout the UK so if you get time, and there's one near you, then do pop along. It's a great day out.

It's my friend's 40th tonight so I'm off out with our little lad for the celebrations. Hubby is on nights, daughters are both out on sleepovers so it's just us. I've done the cake (it's ok but not up to my usual standard as I've had to rush it a bit  ) ......... the gap is for a cake topper that I'm picking up later. The birthday boy is my son's football manager so we've decided to get the team logo put on the cake - I hope he likes it !



Have a good weekend xxx

2 comments:

Claire said...

nice cake! Where on the coast do you live? x

Jan xx said...

Hi Claire, I'm on the South Coast, Littlehampton. Where are you? x