Tuesday 12 July 2011

A waiting game .....

I'm itching to get the bedroom finished ...... hubby's been decorating all this week and it's starting to come together but the new wardrobes haven't arrived yet ! Delivery is expected on Thursday so I should have the bedroom back to some sort of normality by Friday/Saturday.

I admit to being a bit of a clean-freak so the mess and clothes lying around everywhere is starting to really get to me. But, at the end of it, I will have a much bigger wardrobe which can only mean one thing ......... more clothes ! ..........


Topshop dress via Charity shop (£7). A bit more than I would usually pay but Charity shop prices are not cheap round here !

Ebay purchase (£1.47). Not tried this on yet so I've yet to pass judgement as to 'suitability' !

Another ebay purchase (£1.20). Will do for the winter months teemed with either jeans/leggings and boots and a long-sleeved Tee underneath. The marks are from the camera, not on the jumper !


I'm a bit 'un-photogenic' so forgive the lack of outfit posts. No matter what pose/light/angle a photo is taken of me, I always look bloody awful ! I'll try to gain some composure and a little confidence and do a few next week so any hints or tips for a novice would be most welcome !

On a final, but not less-important note, my relative has come out of hospital today. Although the road to recovery is going to be slow and she's still very poorly, it's good news and I'm delighted that she's well enough to recouperate in her own home with family amongst her. Suffice to say, a HUGE bunch of flowers went winging it's way to her from us. Isn't the internet a wonderful thing !

4 comments:

Vix said...

I'm glad to hear the good news about your relative, a big bunch of flowers should cheer her up no end!
What a smashing, colourful haul of clothes. It took me ages to actually pose for my blog, I've always hated pictures of myself but the more you do it the more confident you'll become. x

daisychain said...

fab news about your relative!

dannithegirl said...

Was it you that said you're in/near Brighton too? If so I totally agree with you about the charity shop prices!

Glad to hear about your relative :)

x

Jan xx said...

Thank you Vix, I can't imagine you ever being camera shy ! You're gorgeous ! xx

Thank you Daisy, it was great news and has made my week :0)

Danni, yes I'm near Brighton. I think I need a charity shopping expedition/weekend up north !